Official Game Rules
In the tournament we will follow the official Finnish Basketball Association rules with the following exceptions.
- Playing time: adults, A-, B- and C-juniors 2 x 20 minutes running time. Mini and Micro-juniors play 2 x 15 minutes running time.
- In the last three minutes of the second half the clock will stop.
- Halftime will last for three minutes. Overtime is sudden death.
- One timeout / period. Team fouls will be full after 5 fouls, then starts the free throws.
- Mini-juniors and younger have to use man to man defense (no zone defense). Adults, A-, B and C-juniors are allowed to use any kind of defense (man to man or zone defense).
- If a team is late by more than 5 minutes from a game, the other team is announced to win the game 0-20. The teams must prepare to warm up outside of the court.
- if the other team is leading by over 30 points it is advised not to continue full court defence.
- The away team must switch the game jersey color, if both teams have the same colour.
- U12 (2007) and younger play to small baskets (260 cm)
!!! One player can only play in one team in one age group in the tournament.
Protest is directed against the validity of the result of the match.
Protest has to base on whether the player has the right to participate or not, or on serious violation of the rules by the referee or on some other incident that affected the result of the match. Protest, which is not fixated in the game protocol will not be further discussed.
Protest must be submitted in writing by a team representative (a person who has been designated on the registration form as team leader) no later than 15 minutes after the end of the protested match.
Protest has to be submitted to the organizing office.
All protests which are reported against irregular activity has to be consulted with the game referee before he leaves the field.
A general protest against the whole opposing team is not acceptable. Protests can not be submitted against the fast decisions what the referee makes.
Protest processing fee is 50 EUR. This amount will be refunded if the protest is successful. The jury’s final desicion can not be appealed.
Size of game ball; micro and mini juniors number 5, Girls and women and C-junior boys number 6 and B-junior boys and older nr.7.
3-point line is used in C-juniors and older.
Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field. The Easter Tournament does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Finland must have personal medical insurance.
In the event that the tournament can’t be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the tournament organizers (force majore) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence or the tournament organizers, the tournament organizers cannot be held liable by the delegations for any damages, costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, costs for additional orders, financial losses etc. Under these circumstances, the tournament organizers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration and accommodation fee and to use it for a future tournament, or to reimburse the delegations after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the tournament and which could not be recovered from third parties. Easter Tournament is in no way responsible for injury or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.